1. Long-term Reliability - Open source applications aren't subject to being shut down or acquired by large companies.
2. Free Software - Because the software is free, you only pay for the cost of hosting the application.
3. Data Portability - You have complete and exclusive access to your data, so you can take it with you anytime you choose.
4. Trustworthy Software - Publicly available source code means that anyone can review it for bugs, security vulnerabilities, and functionality.
5. Hosting Simplified - Host your own open source software without having to become a sysadmin. Use the simple web interface to run apps in the cloud.
6. No Censorship - Your right to freedom of speech is fully respected, and there will never be any arbitrary censorship or restrictions.